The Minnesota Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis is proud to announce its new society!
MICP & P seeks to offer a program that will provide training, education and research in contemporary psychoanalysis. The program strives to capture the excitement, creativity and diversity of current activity in contemporary psychoanalysis.
MICP & P believes that the psychoanalytic method is unique in its ability to relieve suffering and to equip individuals to create satisfying lives. MICP & P offers in-depth study of and training in broad theoretical ideas from classical to contemporary. MICP & P devotes special emphasis to the study of attachment organization and development, self-psychological and relational psychoanalysis. Our program is particularly strong in re-examining seminal psychoanalytic concepts such as the unconscious, transference, and therapeutic action. The role of both old as well as new relational experiences is examined in light of contemporary research and Candidates are taught how to utilize this knowledge in the conduct of an analysis.
MICP & P provides a participatory, multi-disciplinary, learner-centered environment. Both in the content of its curriculum and in its organizational process, MICP & P facilitates and encourages an atmosphere of openness, collegiality and mutual respect.
Membership in the MICP & P Society is set to ensure that those who desire to may maximize on benefits of being connected to the Institute. As you can see from the following, there are many ways a member can benefit from membership.We hope to accrue even more such benefits from membership as we grow with you. Please examine the Benefit List and see if it appeals to you.
BENEFITS OF SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP
For only $150:
- Free Study Groups (CEU’s)
- One half-day conference free (CEU’s)
- Reduced fee at full-day conferences (CEU’s)
- Access to Institute Library
- Access to all course syllabi and assigned articles or book chapters on website
- Access to audio-visual resources on website
- Be listed among other members as a referral source to patients
- Access to articles on contemporary psychoanalysis on website
- Membership in MICP & P can produce up to 15-20 CEU’s per year alone
- MICP & P is an IAPSP Member Institute
…WHICH ALSO INCLUDES THE BENEFITS OF IAPSP MEMBERSHIP
- Individual members of each group that holds an Institutional Membership in IAPSP will receive a 10% discount on IAPSP individual membership annual dues.
- The leadership of Member Institutions will be included in a forum to discuss and collaborate on issues such as establishing curriculums, establishing criteria and training for supervisors,developing programming, establishing non-profit status, leadership and governance issues, and establishing and maintaining CEU and CME accreditations, etc.
- Institutional Members would receive a URL link on the IAPSP website.
- InstitutionalMembers would receive an annual subscription to IAPSP Journal free of charge
- Institutional Members would have access to the Speakers Bureau, which is available on IAPSP’s website, offering IAPSP members who are available to travel to your members to present on a variety of topics of interest.
SAMPLE OF GOODS
- Program in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Program in Psychoanalysis
- Concept Study Groups
- Process Study Groups
- Saturday Salons